Most of Loras Library's EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer. Here's how:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. See this guide for information about downloading Adobe Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.read more
27 views | Last updated on Dec 04, 2014 Equipment
To add a printer in Windows 8:
26 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Collections
Yes and no.
The library's catalog is available from on and off campus.
Other library databases, such as those linking to articles and ebooks, are available in the library building only, per our licenses with the database vendors. You may visit the Loras College Library and access the databases by using our public desktop computer stations near the check-out desk.
For a description of other library services for alumni, go the the Alumni Services Info Guide.read more
23 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Equipment
Yes, our online access to the Dubuque Telegraph-Herald goes back to 1995. Access those years at this link.
For issues older than 1995, the library has the newspaper on microfilm, located on the library's 1st floor. Microfilm reading and printing machines are also available near the microfilm cabinets.
By the way, the Telegraph-Herald, and its antecedent newspapers, go back to the mid-nineteenth century on microfilm.read more
22 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Search and Research
21 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Info Ethics
21 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Facilities
21 views | Last updated on Dec 02, 2014 Search and Research
20 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Borrowing
19 views | Last updated on Oct 22, 2015 Collections
19 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Databases