9 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Equipment
9 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Borrowing
8 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Databases
8 views | Last updated on Dec 04, 2014 Equipment
To add a printer in Windows 8:
Most of Loras Library's EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer. Here's how:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. See this guide for information about downloading Adobe Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.read more
7 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Collections
Yes, our online access to the Dubuque Telegraph-Herald goes back to 1995. Access those years at this link.
For issues older than 1995, the library has the newspaper on microfilm, located on the library's 1st floor. Microfilm reading and printing machines are also available near the microfilm cabinets.
By the way, the Telegraph-Herald, and its antecedent newspapers, go back to the mid-nineteenth century on microfilm.read more
6 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Databases
6 views | Last updated on Dec 02, 2014 Search and Research
6 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Equipment
1. Load film and find what you wish to scan.
2. Double-click on the “Imaging” icon on the computer.
3. Click the “Scan New” icon, or go to File/Acquire Image.
4. Press the green “Start” button on the microfilm reader.
5. Continue scrolling through your film and press the green “Start” button each time you locate something you want to scan.
6. When finished, click “done” on the computer screen.
7. Save your work to a flash drive or a CD by clicking File / Save As and navigating to the flash drive or CD drive.
Look for additional help posted near the machine.
6 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Search and Research
Yes and no.
The library's catalog is available from on and off campus.
Other library databases, such as those linking to articles and ebooks, are available in the library building only, per our licenses with the database vendors. You may visit the Loras College Library and access the databases by using our public desktop computer stations near the check-out desk.
For a description of other library services for alumni, go the the Alumni Services Info Guide.read more
5 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Facilities
5 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Search and Research
5 views | Last updated on Jun 03, 2014 Databases
Keep in mind that it is not necessary to go through the steps to checkout and download an ebook in order to cite, print, make notes, or use it in any way. You can do all this by "viewing" the ebook online--any notes taken will be saved in your "My EBSCOhost" account.
But, if you think you'll want access to the ebook while offline, then take steps to checkout and download the ebook to your computer!
In order to checkout and download an ebook, you will need a "My EBSCOhost" account. For more information, go to the "My EBSCOhost" tab.read more